Monday, April 1, 2013

INTERVIEW WITH A MAN FOR WHOM HYPNOTISM HAS FAILED.


I admit: I love reruns of West Side Story b/c
The Sharks & The Jets snap their fingers enough times
for 100 hypnocrits (like me) to awaken . . . changed,
but no. I linger beside battery-op clocks
await the flashing red eye on a smoke detector or
gorge myself on the dink/dink of a turn signal (on the bus;
the 96 local; the same driver w/ a fondness for lefts;
he phoned the fuzz & I implored them to ratchet my wrists
w/ cuffs; I welcomed arrest & re-arrest; but no;
“Scram!”) Into which set of mythologies can I hope to arise?
Maybe something like the regal marches of Albert Ayler
b/c nobody could disprove his godliness (asleep, there,
in the East River) or the one/nil metronome of
kids teeter/tottering in the park, I should be an optimist


[NaPoWriMo Sonnet #1. Too, see: Blogpost to a Young Poet.]
 

No comments: