Thursday, October 29, 2020

LATE OCTOBER UPDATE 2020: A PHOTO ESSAY.

 






key to photographs:

1. Joy on Fire poster for our music video, “Uh Huh,” which has been an official selection at the Prisma Rome Independent Film Awards (2020), London Rocks Film Festival (2020), and L.A. Rocks Film Festival (2021). Many other submissions are pending. You can check out the video through this link.

2. I got my flu shot this year!

3. While the image quality isn’t the greatest, this does represent the reunion between me and the fox. By reunion, I mean that we jogged together for the first time since she raised her cubs. As per usual, the fox was more agile.

4. The “Li’l Liza Jane” project goes onward. Once it’s safe, I will go to Emory University in Atlanta, via a Rose Library Fellowship, to research the song in greater depth. We have learned so much about America’s favorite poor gal, including the fact that the tune has been absorbed internationally (and nationally) by a great number of cultures. Pictured above is the song translated into the Chinook language.

5. I voted. Well all right, then.

 

too updated? see “dark valley” by the holidays


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did they give you a shot and then your biceps grew? babsy

DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

Babsy! Here we are once again, and by that, I mean the following: how can there be a Babsy? You are the only Babsy who comments here. You may be the only Babsy in the world. You may be so Babsy, that you're not even Babsy. Just what in the Jiminy Cricket do you mean by being Babsy?? If you are Babsy, and I hope to God that you are, then please (for the love of stout) explain yourself!

BA

p.s. In regards to the biceps situation, I don't know what's going on. It's true. I have been cowering in the dark.