Wednesday, April 20, 2022

MY BEST MATE FROM THE ANIMAL KINGDOM: A WILD RED FOX PHOTO ESSAY








By now, many of you know my best mate from the animal kingdom. These photos were all taken in March and April 2022, about 24 to 30 months after I first met this wild red fox. Many thanks again to Phyllis Rosenzweig at Primary Writing Books, who published a book of poetry and photography about this unlikely friendship. Lo, my fox friend has given birth to three or four fluffy kits. They bounce around happily in the undergrowth and shrubberies. My stunning rusty red friend, pictured above, took some time to visit with me, before returning to motherly duties. A key to the photos follows.

1. Classic blogger / fox eye contact.
2. Drinking water from a puddle.
3. Checking on the kits.
4. A good looking fox. I melt every time.
5. Whoa! What was that?
6. Foxy activities.
7. The whole fox. What a tail!
8. Healthy, alert, jokester, rusty red, fierceness.


No comments: