Friday, April 10, 2009

HIP HOP PASSOVER.

"Because it is Bitter / and Because it is my Herb."


The slaves cried out for some suntan lotion / While Pharoah smoked Shisha in the Land of Goshen / "Tut tut," said Tut, to the Masses / "I will sic my Armies on your Homeys / No gassy passy No safety glasses No rigatoni No Slammy Yamma" / When along came Moses with his tricked out Staff / He cast it down, Sudden Snake, and it began to Rap: / "You will see, Tut Tut, some medieval Plagues / You will stammer, But But, by the end of the day / There will be a Frog, a Gnat, a Slug, a Rat, a Cat from Prague with a Baseball Bat / If you deny the slaves their S.P.F. -- then you will be visited by the Angel of DEF!" / BREAK DOWN! / And the Jews did the Robot before they fled / And the Jews ate unleavened bread / And the Jews did the Robot before they fled / And the Jews ate unleavened bread / Then for Twenty Score and Twenty More / God dropped Bagels from the sky / Then for Twenty Score and Twenty More / A Rock 'n' Roll Salmon came swimming by / Lox, Bwoyyyeee / Smoky Fish / And the halls of The Academy quietened / Shhh / The Seder was afoot //

10 comments:

mark wallace said...

Hip Hop, whatever. Hop Pocket though used to be killer. And Hop Rod Rye still is.

DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

Boodweiser Ail. Nooty Noogets. Instant Spood.

I mean, instant potato. Can I get uh instant cabbage? Can I get uh instant beef?

Can I beef with yo Ail?

=====BA

mark wallace said...

Instant pot roast comin' up soon around here. It ain't religious although damned if it don't taste like it.

DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

Diffok's an artificial blueberry? I mean, only in America can there be an artificial blueberry. If it's not an actual blueberry it CANNOT be called an artifical blueberry. What're the standards? I mean, how fine is the line, say, between an artifical blueberry and an artifcial grape? Lemur? Poppy? Femur? ----------------BA

mark wallace said...

The first blueberry of spring. Then, the deluge.

DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

Someone, at some point in the history of Hip Hop Passover, arose from the seder and shouted OH DEAR JESUS. And then the deluge, eh?

mark wallace said...

I back up just thinking about it.

DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

The First Artificial Blueberry of
Spring -- now that fully defines our culture, don't it? -------------------------BA

mark wallace said...

Hybrid art can do lots of shit.

DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

O, I've known poets who have themselves known The First Strawberry of Spring and O, I've known poets who have practiced the Hybrid Arts and O, I have known poets who have bespake at improper junctures, O, My Body Lies Over The Sea! ---------------BA